Wednesday 13 April 2016

It's Been A While

It's been a while,
Since I saw your eyes
Crinkle when you smiled
Since your ruffled hair
Still made you look as stunning
as the sunlight.
Since the touch of your skin
made all the blood rush to my face.
And the warmth of your hug,
the warmest place.

It's been a while
Since you called my name out loud
Sung in a rather crass tone with the guitar
But it's still my favorite sound.
Since you tried
To be at your funniest
Cracked jokes no one would laugh on
To me, they've always been better than the rest.

It's been a while
Since you calmed my demons
Wiped away my tears
and shared my thoughts and dreams
Since I've sat with you
on a lonely rock somewhere
And talked about life
and for all of which, we were unprepared.

Since you last held my hand
our fingers intertwined
and clenched it tighter
whenever I felt like I was losing grip on life.
Since when our lips met
and all else in the world was forgotten
Since when out bodies melted into one,
and our souls, reunited again.


You see, this life, of which I haven't lived that much
Has taught me lessons, many of them
Quite valuable as such.
And one of those, I'd tell you here
Is that when you really want something
Anything, which makes you happy
Don't let it kill you,
Not until
You've become stronger.
And that, my love.
Is the life ahead
For you, for me.
For us.
And through it all,
The thick and thin
the long and short
the smooth and
the rough
of this
funny thing called 'Life'
One thing, you'll always find the same
Is me.
Standing tough.
For You, For Me.
For Us.
Always.






No comments:

Post a Comment